A gin sour cocktail recipe with a welcome twist.
Adding a bit of texture and tannin to a traditional gin sour, this cocktail recipe is a triumph of the 6Ft6 x Patient Wolf collaboration. The pinot noir gin brings a little more complexity to the traditional sour with hints of cherry, raspberry and blueberry. Let’s also not forget about the incredible colour!
It’s tart, fruity, complex, and delicious! Cocktail anyone?
To get the foam on top – this is done by shaking the ingredients including the egg white, without ice, in a cocktail shaker. A suitable vegan replacement for the egg, is aquafaba.
Winemakers Sour Recipe
- 60 ml Patient Wolf Pinot Gin
- 20ml freshly squeezed lemon
- 15ml 2:1 sugar syrup
- 20ml Egg White
- 4 seedless grapes
- Jigger or measuring device
- Martini Glass
- Cocktail shaker, regular and fine strainer
- Add Pinot Gin, fresh lemon, sugar syrup, egg white and 3x Red Seedless Grapes to a cocktail shaker without ice
- Shake hard for 30 seconds until the texture turns fluffy
- Add plenty of ice and shake hard until chilled
- Fine Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a single Seedless Red Grape
The Pinot Noir Gin will be available to the public from September 23. For early access, join our email list to purchase from September 16.